Georgia Tech books
- Ayers, Edward. Vengeance and Justice: Crime and Punishment in the 19th Century American South. New York: Oxford University Press, 1984.
- Ayers, Edward, Patricia Nelson Limerick, Stephen Nissenbaum, and Peter S. Onuf. All Over the Map: Rethinking American Regions. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins UP, 1996.
- Bishop, Jim. The Day Lincoln was Shot. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1955.
- Cottrel, John, Anatomy of an Assassination. New York: Funk and Wagnalls, 1966.
- Eagles, Charles W. Ed. The Mind of the South: Fifty Years Later. Jackson: University Press of Mississippi, 1992.
- Franklin, John Hope. The Emancipation Proclamation. New York: Doubleday and Company, 1963.
- —. The Militant South. Cambridge: Harvard UP, 1956.
- —. Reconstruction: After the Civil War Chicago: The University of Chicago Press, 1961.
- Kellogg, Charles Flint. NAACP: A History of The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Vol. I (1909-1920).Baltimore: Johns Hopkins UP, 1967.