August/September Task List
Week by Week Schedule
Labels to go on 3-CD sets
- investigate low-cost option for laser printable labels at Office Depot (Michael)
- design black and white label that makes sense with the design of labels wrapped around edges (Michael)
Design for printing on CD itself
- investigate cost of slightly different labels for the installer CD, etc. (Ellen)
- look at discmakers site to see the format (Michael)
- contact discmakers to confirm exact format (CMYK? ai?) for image (Michael)
- create the design (Michael)
- Come up with titles and thanks to be included (Ellen and Greg)
- Create design (Michael)
- Integrate into the director files (Michael)
Change Intro and Editing Exercise Spotlights to Flash (Ellen)
Identify content gaps in SVOs (Ellen and Greg)
SVO Sound Recording
- Frank Tomasulo (Ellen)
- Deborah Grayson (Sue)
- Kavita Philip (Jeannie)
- more from Bob McMath? (Greg)
- Jay Telotte? (Ellen)
- Ellen Strain (Jeannie)
- Greg VanHoosier-Carey (Sue)
SVO Sound Editing
- Paul Young
- Henry Jenkins
- Charlene Regester
- Jane Gaines
- Matthew Bernstein
Fall training session
- get confirmation from instructor-evaluators for November 18
Confirmations received from:
- Deborah Barker
- Paul Young
- Ted McCosky
- Marty Norden
- Jan Olsson
- Eunice Johnston
- Daniel Bernardi
- Awaiting final confirmations from
- Maureen Furniss (question about spring teaching assignment)
- Kate Bowles (travel concerns from Australia)
- Frank Tomasulo (no response yet)
- meet with Dan Hickey to discuss revised rubric and goals of training session
- send out materials to participants, regarding airport transportation, lodging, etc.
- arrange catering
- estimate budget
- decide on honorarium amount
- draw up schedule
- arrange rooms
Catalog cross-platform and Director 8 issues
- over next couple of weeks, find time in the Con Ed lab (Michael)
- early September check (Michael)
- mass reduction of jpeg quality in response to file size issues?
Acquire multiple CD burner and commercial copy of Director
- follow up with Jeana (awaiting account number, followed by bidding wait time)
- purchase commercial copies: $999 X 2
Construct additional editing exercises (between 3 and 9 of them) (Ellen and possibly Michael)
Locate a decompressor utility for CD-ROM (Ellen and Greg)
- After determining compression rate, choose which quicktime versions to use.
- meet with Jeana to involve her in software choice (take into account larger LCC needs)
- experiment with demo versions
Meet with PL to discuss list of questions
- integration of time triggers
Get photos of scholars, confirm their titles, and get approval for the audio
Currently, we have approvals for 57 of the 76 edited SVOs and photos/titles for 46 of the 76 edited SVOs.
Assembling the pieces to construct the SVO files:
- Make Scholar ID tags for audio not yet approved.
- Locate more images for inclusion.
- Pull and insert more quotes.
- Solicit input from scholars as necessary
- Adjust template for inclusion of theme cards. (Greg)
- Putting times to the triggers, positioning them on the page.
- Make decisions about theme cards.
Detailed version of preparation for SVO construction:
- Test out template using Greg's SVO (Patrick)
- Make spreadsheet with list of images
- Construct quote cards
- Prepare graphics with black background, etc.
- Construct captions