This semester you will join Steven in the qualifier fun!
- 18 Jan 2006
- Chapters 1 and 4 from Paul Dourish's book "Where the Action Is"
- Missing File (/ael/uploads/Dourish1.pdf) (Chpt 1 is optional, but it give you a sense for what the entire book is about)
- Missing File (/ael/uploads/Dourish4.pdf) (Chpt 4 is about "embodiment" and Phenomenology–the domain of philosophy that I think ties together much of the stuff we do collectively)
- 25 Jan 2006
- Marshall McLuhan's book "Understanding Media"
- Missing File (/ael/uploads/Chapter1.pdf)
- Missing File (/ael/uploads/chapter2.pdf)
- Missing File (/ael/uploads/Chapter18.pdf) (optional)
- Missing File (/ael/uploads/Chapter31.pdf) (optional)
- Missing File (/ael/uploads/mcluhan1.pdf) (optional)
- 1 Feb 2006
- Peter Lloyd and Peter Deasley, "Ethnographic Description of Design Networks"
- Missing File (/ael/uploads/Lloyd-EthnographicDesignNetwork.pdf)
- 8 Feb 2006
- Panagiotis Louridas, "Design as Bricolage: Anthropology Meets Design Thinking"
- Missing File (/ael/uploads/louridas-bricolage.pdf)
- 15 Feb 2006
- Meeting cancelled due to Living Game Worlds symposium
- 22 Feb 2006
- Piekarski, W. and Thomas, B. H., " Interactive Augmented Reality Techniques for Construction at a Distance of 3D Geometry", 2003.
- Poupyrev, I., Tan, D.S., Billinghurst, M., Kato, H., Regenbrecht, H., Tetsutani, N., " Tiles: A Mixed Reality Authoring Interface", 2001.
- Lee, G., Nelles, C., Billinghurst, M., Kim, G.J., Immersive Authoring of Augmented Reality Applications, 2004. (OPTIONAL)
- 29 Feb 2006
- Lowgren, J., “Animated Use Sketches as Design Representations,” Interactions, vol. 11, no. 6, 2004, pp. 22-27.
- Zimmerman, J., "Video Sketches: Exploring Pervasive Computing Interaction Designs," IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 4, no. 4, 2005, pp. 91-94.
- Missing File (/ael/uploads/zimmerman-pervasiveVideo.pdf)
- Mackay, W., et al, “Video Artifacts for Design: Bridging the Gap Between Abstraction and Detail”
- "Using Video to Prototype User Interfaces", Laurie Vertelney, 1989
- Missing File (/ael/uploads/vertelney-UsingVideo.pdf) (optional)
- "Video and Design", Austin Henderson, 1989
- Missing File (/ael/uploads/henderson-VideoAndDesign.pdf) (optional)
- 8 March 2006
- 8 March 2006
- Remediation, by Jay Bolter and Richard Grusin, Intro (other chapters are optional)
- Missing File (/ael/uploads/BolterGrusin_RemediationIntro_99.pdf)
Link to this Page
- Lab Meetings last edited on 12 May 2008 at 4:21 pm by lard.cc.gatech.edu